My Current Skincare Routine - Cerave, Mizon, and LUSH!

Monday, January 23, 2017

Hello! I figured I could share what my current skincare routine is for those who also obsess over knowing others skincare routines.

My skin is combo/oily and fairly acne prone. I used to have severe acne, but it has gone down after starting birth control and changing my routine. I like to use a mix of Western and Korean beauty products.

For my double cleanse I use LUSH Ultrabland to wipe away all my makeup. It works really well with removing everything, and this is my third tub of it. While it seems pretty pricey for a cleanser, one of the large tubs lasts me around two years. Buying from LUSH also makes me feel good just because they're so ethical in their business practices.

Following my makeup I use one of two foaming cleansers: Cerave Foaming Cleanser or Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser. I've used the Cerave one for years (this is probably my fifth or sixth bottle) and I love it. It works great for making my skin clean and clear. The only problem is that it's a bit too strong during the winter, and because of that I've been testing out the Cosrx cleanser.


The Cosrx cleanser is extremely popular in the Kbeauty world, but I've found it to be pretty average. I do appreciate the gentle ingredients and that it doesn't completely strip my face dry.

Once my face is cleaned I follow up with moisturizers! I used to use the St. Ives Exfoliating Pads, but they've discontinued them. I still haven't found a good replacement for them that is as budget friendly.

My moisturizers are both Korean and both Mizon! I love this brand because it's so affordable and easy to get here in the USA. It's available on Amazon with Prime shipping.

Originally I only used the Snail Recovery Gel Cream for my oily skin, but once winter hit I added the All in One Snail Repair Cream. I normally use the cream all over my face and layer the gel over my drier areas. I love these products as they don't break me out and moisturize without making me feel greasy. I've also found my pigmentation and acne fades a bit faster than before.

The only potential downside for these is, yes, they're almost completely snail goo! I personally love the strange ingredients that Korean beauty products have to offer, but I know others may not. 

Overall I am very pleased with my current routine. I am still on the hunt for a great sunscreen though because Shiseido just isn't in the budget for me lately.

You May Also Like

0 comments