Project Ten Pan 2016/2017

Friday, December 16, 2016

Hey y'all! So this is my first post regarding my Project 10 Pan for 2016 going into 2017. For those who don't know, project pans are ways to challenge yourself to use a certain number of products (usually) in a certain time frame. This can just be a way to use up old makeup, challenge yourself to go out of your comfort zone, or curb spending. I'm using it as a way to go through some of my collection and promise myself I won't buy anything new until I use up these products.

Without further rambling here are the ten products I hope to use up within two months.

First product is MAC blush in Pink Swoon. I know, I know, there's no way I can use it up in two months. I just hope to pan it! I got this blush after seeing it in a Youtube tutorial and like it well enough. I love the formula for MAC blushes, but I'm trying to step away from using their products. I also have too many pinks and want more neutral or peach blushes.

The next product I hope to use up is Benefit's Hoola bronzer. I actually hit pan on it because for a while it was my only bronzer. I now have two others and just want to use this one up as it was my first. Sadly as I'm using it up I realize that I REALLY like this bronzer! It stays all day. Too bad my rule is not to purchase any more bronzers until I use mine up. :(

This product is well-loved by so many people, but it's just not for me! It's Rimmel's Stay Matte powder in Transparent. I bought it years ago to try, but it turned me orange. I ended up buying it again to try out and it doesn't make me orange, but it does nothing else. My DIY setting powder controls oil far better throughout the day. I've seen some people pan this super fast, so I hope I can too!

Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip in 1C. (Why oh why can't you use names instead of numbers for lip products?) This was my first lip liner and I really like it! The formula is more creamy than MAC and less waxy than NYX and Revlon. It's just getting old and I want to make room for other lip liners. By the way, Temptalia did a price per gram for lip liners and this one ended up being something ridiculous like $600 per gram. Yikes.

I'm almost done with it already! This is MAC's lip primer and I used to think it worked wonders for lipstick. Now I think a balm could work just as well for a quarter of the price.

I'm starting to realize how much makeup I've bought just because of Youtube. I bought this after being unsatisfied with my MAC Prolongwear concealer and liked it at first, but hate it now. This is Maybelline Age Rewind concealer. I got it in the shade Light and it's extremely orange. It also creases so much and rubs off when I try to blend it in. Awful, but I want to get my money's worth and use it up.

Rimmel's Scandaleyes eyeliner! It's just the black one. (I believe there is also a brown and nude one.) I don't like this that much. My eyelids have a lot of extra skin and this just tugs and looks uneven every time. It stays on the waterline alright though.

The lipstick I chose was Maybelline's Clay Crush. It's one of their matte shades and it's really beautiful for fall. I think the color payoff and longevity is great for a drugstore lipstick, and I'll definitely buy more from Maybelline in the future.

I'm cheating a bit and putting some non-makeup items in! I added the perfume because I've had it for years and never used it. (Worse thing is I have an even bigger size to finish up after this one!) I'd wear more of it, but my nose is so sensitive to perfumes. :(

My lotion of choice for winter has been St. Ives. It says shea butter but shea butter itself is so far down the ingredients list it can't even be relevant. I hope to repurchase my Nivea one once I run out of this!

There it is! My ten things to use up (to some extent) for the next two months. Hopefully this helps me whittle my collection down to things I truly enjoy. Not just impulse buys or aging products. I hope I don't sound too negative! I love beauty products! Just some of these are so... not my thing.

Have you ever done a project pan? Have you ever panned anything in general?

You May Also Like

0 comments